Getting into any type of car accident can be a traumatic experience, especially if it doubles as a pedestrian accident. Chances are you will be facing a long recovery time. With medical bills and no income, victims of pedestrian accidents may be in severe financial debt.
Pedestrian accident attorneys can help you fight the insurance companies and get the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve for your pedestrian accident law suit that Grillo Law can get you.
What are the most reasons for pedestrian collisions?
When drivers fail to keep a close eye on the road, the consequences can be disastrous, especially for pedestrians. What, on the other hand, are the most common causes of pedestrian accidents? It typically boils down to careless drivers who engage in risky behavior, such as:
- Distracted driving or texting while driving is both dangerous.
- At crosswalks, automobiles and bicycles fail to yield to pedestrians.
- At crossroads, turning without looking both ways
- Driving too fast to safely stop in a timely manner
- Disobedience to posted speed restrictions
- Driving while inebriated or under the influence of drugs is illegal.
- Failure to account for upstream and downstream traffic flows is one of the design flaws in crosswalk placements.
What Injuries Do Pedestrians Suffer?
Because the human body cannot survive the harm inflicted by a collision with a motor vehicle, pedestrian accidents are frequently fatal. Being struck by thousands of pounds of metal can result in significant injury:
- Deep wounds (lacerations) and bruising (contusions), as well as organ damage
- Concussions and more serious traumatic brain injuries are examples of head injuries (TBI)
- Eye injuries and vision loss can occur as a result of dental or facial trauma.
- Paralysis or other loss of function due to spinal cord injury
- Broken bones or injury to other areas of the musculoskeletal system are examples of orthopedic injuries.
Dealing with insurance companies, recuperating from a serious accident, taking time off work, and even dealing with estate concerns may be stressful and perplexing. You may be thinking if it’s even worth the trouble to hire a pedestrian accident attorney after any form of motor vehicle collision.
However, it is for all of these reasons that you require the assistance of an expert personal injury legal company to assist you with your pedestrian accident claim.